Arriving in Cape Town

Cape Town Travel Blog

The view from our hotel room

Today, we caught an early flight to Cape Town, South Africa. It’s a beach city with so much to see. The 2-hour flight went quick. We didn’t even get to sleep on the flight. We only got 2 hours of sleep last night, so we were both super tired.

We got to the airport and we found a cab driver. He seemed okay, at first. He was a bit obnoxious. He called us stupid for staying about 10 minutes away from the downtown area of Cape Town. We told him we wanted beach view and that we wanted to stay about 5-10 minutes from all the tourist traps. We preferred staying more among the locals (even though we’re still in a bit of a tourist location) and he told us we were basically idiots. Connie thanked him for sucking the fun out of the day.

The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helped us figure out some of the tours. They made some recommendations in terms of what to see and timing, etc.

View of the beach
Our hotel room (which was pretty cheap, by the way) rocks! It’s actually a condo apartment unit. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and balcony that overlook the beach front! Sweet! I so belong on a beach. I say this every single time I am near a beach.

We researched the places we want to visit and decided we were going to read up on everything and be well aware of all the sites in Cape Town. We hired a tour guide to then take us tomorrow all day to all the sites we want to see and provide us with a personalized tour. There is so much to see. I really need to return with Larry.

The Table Top Mountain is beautiful. You can see it from anywhere.

We went to the grocery store today and cooked dinner in the apartment.

While I sit and listen to the beach waves hit up against the shore line and take the breeze in, I relax and write.

Cape Town

Tomorrow will be an early and a long day again. We plan on seeing Table Top Mountain, driving through the Cape Peninsula down to Cape of Good Hope and to Cape Point. We’ll then come back up on the east coast along to Kalk Bay. We will be stopping on a wine tour at Stellenbosch.

Then Friday we plan on visiting Robben Island, downtown Cape Town and will see anything else we may have missed that we planned on seeing.

So for now… on to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow’s adventures!

photo by: v10