20 $

San Diego Travel Blog

Diego in San Diego
In the morning we decided to get on this museum-ship in the bay, but it was closed so we have just taken the picture by that huge couple statue of a marine and his girl, standing at the ship. Then we left for Cabrillo National Monument, on the penisula just across the bay. At first we visited the exposition and listened a bit to the ranger that told stories about that place to the school kids who has been on a school trip. Then we saw the lighthouse and the statue of Cabrillo, as well as the WWII old fortifications on the west side of the penisula. Then we went to the beach where the tide pools were. we were lucky coz the water level was lower and lower so that we could discover all the animals living there, and which were visible after the water were gone.
inside the lighthouse
The access to the pools was easy only with the low water level - just for few hours. Then we visited the army cementary, right at the entrance to the Cabrillo Park, and went down to San Diego. On the way we saw a small church, and dropped there by, the same at the airport, where there was a huge sign with the "San Diego" on it. I wanted to have  apicture with it and while taking it we found a 20$ bill lying there in the grass. Ha! That looks like free lunch for us;) We couldnt do anything else than just drop in to the chinese resto for a good lunch. Of course it was delicious (for some reason i like the sound of the word 'delicious').
In the afternoon we went to the Old Town, which was very nice place, with plenty of cafes, and shops, pretending to be very old, but it was interesting. Yes, San Diego has so much more to offer for travellers than LA! There are many different places and things to see in SD!
After we had a drink or two in the Old Town, we made the huge circle with the metro (or trolley, as they call it there).
mslellen says:
Hi Jegs, congrats on feature. I enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures. Glad you had fun!
Posted on: Mar 04, 2010
going to the lighthouse
going to the lighthouse
at teh museum ship
at teh museum ship
RJ playing at the architecture mod…
RJ playing at the architecture mo…
me at Cabrillo