Paris Part Deux

Paris Travel Blog

This was a return trip to Paris for me; I had been here in June 2001.  So, I ended up doing a lot of things over again -- the Louvre, Versailles, Bateaux Mouche Seine River Cruise, Montmartre...  But, I did get to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.  I had only been able to go to the first level on my first trip here and regretted not going to the top ever since.

It was iffy as to whether or not we'd actually get to go to the top.  The weather was drizzling just enough to be annoying and the sign kept flashing back and forth as to whether the top level was open.  We bought tickets to the second level and were told to buy top-level tickets there.  Thankfully, we were able to go to the top -- one of the highlights of my European trip.  The sky was overcast, so we didn't have the prettiest views of the city, but it was more the gact that I made it to the top of La Tour Eiffel!

I'm not the biggest fan of Paris, my first trip here, people were incredibly rude (living up to their reputation), but this time around, Parisians redeemed themselves.  Our tour manager, Myriam, was a Paris native, and she tried to help me like Paris better, which she succeeded.  Plus, I received guidance from a very nice man on the Metro.  We were a little confused about our directions, but I can speak enough high school French that I was able to communicate.

Paris