Alpine Wonderland

Switzerland Travel Blog

To be quite honest, I was glad Switzerland was included in our tour because it's one of those places that I probably wounldn't go on my own choice.  I was pleasantly surprised, though.  Switzerland is a beautiful country.  The Alps are magnificent and the waterfalls are breathtaking.  It was in Switzerland that I fell in love with waterfalls.

Our hotel was in Wengen, a cograil ride up into the Alps.  We spent a couple days from the hustle and bustle of the European cities and our jam-packed schedule.  Plus, the weather was wonderful -- mid to upper 60s... I wasn't quite prepared for that, but loved it!

We had a day and a half or so in Wengen, where we walked around the town, and relaxed at the hotel, taking in the views of the mountains.  From there, we spent the afternoon in Lucerne prior to the overnight train from Zurich to Paris.

in Lucerne, our lunch was included -- traditional fondue and German sausage and these amazingly delicious potatoes.

We visited the Chapel Bridge, built in 1333, but re-built after a discarded cigarette destroyed much of the bridge in 1993.  We also went to the Lion Monument, a carving of a dying lion, that commemorates the hundreds of Swiss Guards that were killed during the French Revolution.

We ended up spending serveral hours in the Zurich train station.  Our tour manager had mis-judged how long it would take us to get from Lucerne to Zurich.

I thoroughly enjoyed the two days that we spent in Switzerland.