Dominican Republic

Bayahibe Travel Blog

After a weeks cruise round the 5 Islands we're now spending a week in the Dom Rep! Gotta say I'd have prefered two weeks here, cruising isn't for me, maybes on a bigger ship that docked places over night, it just really didn't have the same class as here! We're staying in the Dreams hotel 15 minutes from La Romana airport in the South. I stayed in the Grande Palladium in Punta Cana two years ago, and though it was amazing, this place has the edge! It's total luxury! The entire place is all inclusive, so no wrist bands are needed and there's no risk of getting an unexpected bill at the end, absolutely everythings included...I'm living on champagne!

The difference with this hotel to others is the way its kept, everything still looks brand new, everywhere is cleaned every night, even the bach gets raked! And you can tell they look after the staff well, in Punta Cana hey had woman 8 months pregnant carrying trays full of plates around. Being all inc. I expected cheap drinks, but it's all name stuff, bacardi, bailey's, smirnoff etc.

There's a choice of about 5 A la Carte restaurants, a buffet restaurant and a couple of snack bars too to choose from, to night we've been to the Steak House. It was lush, and again the service was great, we followed it up with a couple of cocktails but i wa sin bed just after 11!

Bayahibe