Rio for carnival!

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

The flight sucked but when has one ever been good right? It took a while to track down my room mates and when I did what a sorry sight I must have been. I had just gone from San Francisco to Miami to rio and took a few buses to the beach. Then I walked on the beach with all my worldly posestions on my back wearing boots pants and a swatshirt wrapped around my waist. I was tired weiry and drenched In sweat. Then a guy says hey are you Rob? It was my new rio roomate manual. Things got a whole lot better from there. Our firt night out we went on. trav buddy meetup. It was a smashing success in front of the Asa branca with a sign I made from nasty street cardboard we sat and waitedfor out new friends to arrive. Daniele our rio local helped us alot thanks a million daniele! After a few drinks at Asa branca the travcrew moved out into the lapa area and setup shop in front of the caprihnas stand and there we stayed we accupied out 10 sq ft and had one of the best nights you can imagine. I had a lot to drink and that flaming shot of what ever i may or may not have taken with a very pretty but nameless Australian girl set the mark for the next several days! Next we all went to the sambadrome and watched the specticle that is the parade we were lucky enough to see tijuca and the "Secrets" show which I hav to say was the best of an outstandng group. Many more nights out out with melissa, Liz, alex and Wanda put yhe finishing touches on the masterpiece that was my rio experience. I can't say enough about the Great times with the great friends I met in rio carnival did not dissapoint and neither did travbuddy. I love rio but after it was over I was ready to push on. Next stop soa paolo!