Lots of wine late nights and the cayote club!

Mendoza Travel Blog

Mendoza is an awesome place not as big as a rio or buenas aires but it has that quality you look for when you are traveling. You walk down San Martin for ever and are presented with almost anything that you could ever want. There are shops and malls and restaurants everywhere and people at all of them. It's great to walk a city like that and see how much there really is to see. You wander and find yourself at a huge city sqaure and have to be a total tourist and pull out your camera and get a memory of it all. I stayed in a small hostel that was close to San Martin and all the action, met a couple English guys and we decided to go out and get good and pissed. We went to one if the many sidewalk restaurants and strted in on the beer by the liter after a few of those and a basket of fries we wandered around taking in all that Mendoza had to show us. We found a place called the cayote club and thought this has to be good, it was! We went in and started drinking we watched a bunch of people dancing like crazy and just having a great time. We ended up completing our mission of getting wrecked and stumbled back to the hostel for a much needed sleep.

I went to check out a winery and that was a hell of an experience they show you the whole process from grape to glass, and other glass and the other glass and so on and so on. I had a great day pretending like I know what the hell I'm talking about and getting trashed. There was several people there speaking slurred English and we all had a great time trying to identify what in the world we were drinking by the 3rd glass it didn't matter it was all pretty good. If you get the chance to check out this city do yourself a favor and do it. Next off to chile and Santiago and then making my way up to equador.
manuel_s says:
I'm surprised there was no slurring in the blog from all that drinking! :D
Posted on: Mar 15, 2010