Bangkok Airport Lounge

Bangkok Travel Blog

Bangkok was just a stopover for us on our way to Malaysia so we had 4 hours to kill in the Thai Lounge and we were beyond jet lagged as it was suddenly 2pm.  A woman meets us at the gate with a sign, pops us in a golf cart and drives us away.  This is the only way to fly.

Within 20 minutes I was back on the Dom P and trying to muster the strength to leave the sofa and take a shower.  It was an effort to say the least but paid dividends as I was much more awake now and the champagne was going down a little better.  I was on my third hangover in 24 hours it seemed.  Not long now and the next flight to Kula Lumpur takes off.  A short hop and we land around 9pm in a deserted KLIA.  Grab our bags and taxi to the Concorde Inn near the airport because we’ve got a 7am flight the next day to Kota Kinabalu.

We pull up just in front of a van/clown car carrying at least 15 couples.  Thank god we did as check in took hours and the place was pretty rank.  I was so tired I didn’t even argue about the prepaid night from and happily paid it again just to get a bed. was very good about the refund post trip.  Whilst this occurred a monsoon rain took over and we ran through it to our room.  The air con was off as expected and the smell/heat in the room was a bit much.  Trying to touch as little as possible we got in to bed to find jet lag as back and sleeping wasn’t so easy.

photo by: halilee