Arrive at Kota Kinabalu

Kota Kinabalu Travel Blog

After the worst free breakfast money can’t buy at the Concorde we were packed into the van I saw yesterday and off to the low cost carrier terminal at KL.  I’d been here before so knew what to expect ��" long queues!  Air Asia is pretty damn good for the price you pay though and I was very happy, per usual with them, about the experience.  Everyone in line for our flight was a local it seemed and they had all bought some electronic gadget in KL that they were trying to carry on in boxes larger than me.  You can imagine this slowed things down a bit.

The flight went off perfectly and by 11pm I was in sunny KK and off to Le Meridien for a night.  The view from the room over the bay was brilliant and we did a little lounging by the hotel’s rooftop pool.  We didn’t take any adventures as the point was to rest up because the next afternoon we were headed for Mount Kinabalu.  The night was fairly tame as I had now given up drinking until the climb was over.  A night market setup across the street and we watched that from the window for a bit and soon were asleep.