Cowboys - Eagles Game

Arlington Travel Blog

Cowboys Stadium

My brother was temporarily stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas, so I decided to fly down to Dallas and go to a Cowboys playoff game while he was there.  It was the first round (wild card round) of the NFL playoffs between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles.  I don't really care for either team, but I was interested in seeing the highly touted new Cowboys Stadium.

I flew in from Philadelphia, so I was flying with many Eagles fans and even a few Cowboys fans.  Everyone was either asking if I was going to the game or commented on it from TSA agents to flight attendants to the rental car shuttle bus driver to the hotel clerk.

DeMarcus Ware
  I met my brother at the hotel in Arlington and then we went to eat at the Prince Lebanese Grill that he had seen on Food Network's 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'.

The game wasn't until 7 PM, so then we drove to Dallas just to look around.  We saw the old Cotton Bowl and Texas state fairgrounds, American Airlines arena where the Mavericks and Stars play, and Texas Stadium in Irving where the Cowboys used to play.  We then watched a little bit of the Jets-Bengals game before heading to the stadium.  We had already seen that parking right next to the stadium was $60.  This was by far the most expensive I have ever seen.  As you moved away from the stadium, the prices steadily dropped, so we ended up parking for $20 on the other side of the Rangers stadium.

This was right at one mile away, which isn't bad, but it was very cold that night.  The stadium has a retractable roof, so fortunately they had it closed for the game.

Our seats were in the highest level, but pretty much on the 50 yard line, so we could see the whole field very well.  Besides being the largest domed structure in the world, this stadium is known for its huge video screens.  They have the largest high definition screens in the world at 160 feet wide by 72 feet high.  The screen stretches over more than half of the field size.  You can either watch the whole play unfold on the field or watch it close and live on the screen.  It is stunningly crystal clear.  I found that I would watch the play live on the field and then watch the replay on the screen.  The screen also shows the digitally displayed first down markers and down and distance as they do on televised broadcasts.

As for the game, it was only close for one and half quarters.  Michael Vick came in for Donovan McNabb and threw a 76 yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin to tie the game at 7-7, but then it was all Cowboys scoring 27 straight points.  Felix Jones had a career high 148 yards rushing as the Cowboys went on to win their first ever playoff game in this new stadium by a score of 34 to 14.

Gregorys90 says:
DALLAS SUCKS!
Posted on: May 11, 2010
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Brandon taking picture of Cowboys …
Brandon taking picture of Cowboys…
Stephen Bowen
Max Jean-Giles and Leonard Weaver
Donovan McNabb
Donovan McNabb
Arlington Hotels & Accommodations review
Cheap rates for weekends, not great for non-couples
Candlewood Suites has efficiency style rooms meant for long term business stays. They have complete kitchens with an oven, range, microwave, full fri… read entire review
Arlington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great Lebanese located in a
My brother wanted to go to this restaurant because it was featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives” hosted by Guy Fieri. Located… read entire review