Pre-Trip

Silverton Travel Blog

I am leaving in one month. I am leaving for one monthe to travel from Oregon to Spokane, then on down to Texas, Tennasee, and back up through California. I am somewhat excited. Then again when i think vacation i think cultural experience. Travelling to the southern US is not exactly cultural. Unless i try thier native alligator...they eat that right? Any input on how to survive or where to stop would be great.
travelman727 says:
Hi, Hannah! I hope you're having a fantastic time on journey across America :-) Keep exploring our big, beautiful world, especially while you are young. I wish you many terrific trips and look forward to seeing more descriptions and photos of your amazing adventures :-D
Posted on: Jul 27, 2007
copperpennylane says:
all I can say is good luck! all of my family road trips have been rather trying...all along the west coast is beautiful though...once you get past about NM the country gets uglier in my opinion though...I have always missed the allure of the south and mid-west. Anywhere along the California coast would be worth it though. Good luck!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2007
kidrah says:
Since you're gonna be in TN, might want to check out Memphis - I've heard it's a great city - both cultural, and scenic (because it's on the Mississippi) - I'm excited to visit there for the first time this summer.
Posted on: Jun 06, 2007