What to expect
Visalia Travel Blog› entry 1 of 13 › view all entries
Our eldest son lives east of us here in California in a town named Ridgecrest and we took the opportunity to visit him just after the first of the year because he didn’t have the time off work to visit us for Christmas. It’s not a long drive, under four hours, but it takes you through some hills and across very open land and desert.
We’ve made most of this trip before on our way to and from Las Vegas, but the area north of Mojave was new to us and we took the opportunity to get a good look at it.
Just to give you a clue what you will experience in this blog are the following:
1. A few of the highlights of the trip across the Tehachapi area.
2. The Trona Pinnacles
3. The Borax mining operation between Ridgecrest and Death Valley
4. Death Valley, or at least the portions we got to visit
5. Garlock. A town you probably wish you hadn’t seen.
6. Red Rock Canyon
7. The entrance to Roger’s Road
8. The Airplane paint yard in Mojave
9. The World Famous Tehachapi Loop