My last trip to Mt. Rainier

Rainier Travel Blog

My last trip to this beautiful mountain was years ago. I remember the trip there was filled with beautiful waterfalls and log bridges going over rivers. On the way up we paused at a rest stop and got some hot chocolate. It was the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. To this day I continue to tell people that if they want good hot chocolate that is the best place to go for it. Despite this the best part, was hiking the paved paths.

As we climbed the mountain we saw a beautiful array of wild flowers, boulders, and views of the area surrounding us. It was peaceful and quiet, at least until we reached the ice. Here there was laughter and fond memories. People-including myself- sliding down the snowy ice patches just for the fun of it. I was compelled to climb all the way to the top of the mountain, but my father insisted it was farther than it looked. Some of my fondest memories are of this place. If your looking for a relaxing memorable experience full of the most beautiful sights you may ever see, I recommend you stop here.

I took lots of pictures here, and once I get them into my computer I\'ll be sure to add them. ^.^

photo by: jhenthorne