Inbetween travels - Planning my next big trip: Generating the idea

Ciudad Juarez Travel Blog

Isn't that the way that all good travels start? An idea gets into your head and then you just can't stop thinking about it and you just HAVE to travel there so it stops messing with you head(=P)? Maybe not, but I think that's the way it works for me, unless I travel too often for it to happen. I have been thinking for a while that I want to travel to central america or the caribbean. First it started with my obsession for Panama, then it moved to Costa Rica until finally it was Cuba for New Year...sadly none of those trips managed to happen, but the idea is still there.

After looking at my recent travels, I realized it has been a while since I traveled outside of my own country (El Paso doesn't count) so that was when I said "my next trip should be outside Mexico". I was already planning going to Monterrey for December, because I want to travel somewhere at least two times a year, but going outside Mexico sounds better.

Then I looked at a map and said "well, my American visa will expire in a year, so I should probably stay away from there to avoid trouble." What was left? Central America, of course. As I don't have much money yet (being a full time student doesn't help at all) I decided I'd like to go to the closest Central American countries. I looked at my map again, and the idea was born: Travel to Guatemala and Belize.

Ciudad Juarez General Tips & Advice review
If you ever come to Ciudad Juarez you might really want to check out the events happening in the border area. This is becuase, to be honest, there isn… read entire review
Ciudad Juarez Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A professor of mine said once "In Juarez there are only two ways of having fun: the movies and drinking." This particular business is dedicated mostly… read entire review