Chihuahua: its Sons, its Daughters and of course...the adopted ones

Ciudad Juarez Travel Blog

It is weird that in this state, where apparently nothing happens, there are so many people to choose from as Outstanding Sons (and daughters...and anything inbetween) of Chihuahua. Some of these I didn't know where from here, you learn something new everyday right? We have lots of comedians here in Chihuahua, apparently we're funny people.

The Sons:

• Agustín Melgar - Defender of the Nation at Chapultepec. Died as a young lad.
  • David Alfaro Siqueiros - Muralist and painter. Born in Camargo. UNAM has some of his murals.
  • Enrique Carbajal (Sebastián) - He makes sculptures out of geometrical shapes, uses mathematic equations. Made the sculture at Reforma in Mexico City.
  • Teófilo Borunda - Politician, Was ambassador and governor among other things.
  • Manuel Gómez Morín - Founder of PAN, one of the strongest political parties in Mexico.
  • José Fuentes Mares - Philosopher, Historian and Writer. My University gives an award with his name.
  • Pascual Orozco - One of them guys who started the Mexican Revolution.
  • Eduardo Nájera - Basketball player. Used to play for Dallas on the NBA, not sure what he's up to now.
  • Omar Chaparro - Comedian. Used to have a TV show.
  • Gilberto Gless - Comedian too. He makes impressions.
  • Caballo Dorado - Musical band that is kind of country. I don't like them.
  • Manuel ¨El Loco¨ Valdés - He's a comedian and quite famous on his time. Born in Ciudad Juarez.
  • Anthony Quinn - Actor born in Chihuahua. Need I say anything else?
  • Eddie Guerrero - WWE Wrestler.

The Daughters:

• Consuelo Duval - Actress and Comedian. Has been on some famous Mexican TV shows.
  • Marisela Rodríguez (María Barracuda) - Musician and singer. I like her. Good songs.
  • Vanessa Guzmán - Model and Actress. Miss Mexico 1995.

Err... apparently we need more daughters. Donations anyone?

Next come our adoptive sons who, apparently, owe themselves to us.

The Adoptive Sons:

• Ramón Valdés - Comedian. Don Ramon from El Chavo del 8.
  • Germán Valdés (Tin-Tan) - Comedian, apparently is a family thing. Grew up here in Ciudad Juarez.
  • Alberto Aguilera Valadez (Juan Gabriel) - Singer who grew up here in Juarez. Quite gay I must say.
  • Doroteo Arango (Francisco Villa) - Do I need to say anything about him? Really?