An uncomfortable drive

Gothenburg Travel Blog

When we woke up in the morning it was still raining additional to that it was very cold. We took a shower, had breakfast and went off to the car glass repair. But they couldn't help us. They haven't had the glass in stock and the next delivery would be 2 days later. The last thing we wanted was to be trapped in Falkenberg for 3 days. We couldn't go anywhere due to the broken glass. The campground was very expensive and we wanted to avoid it but we couldn't stay 3 days somewhere on a beach.

The people from the garage were very helpfull. They called a car glass repair in Gothenburg if they had the glass in stock. They hadn't but they were able to have it within a few hours. That sounded great. So, the people from the garage tried to cover the broken glass with a film because it would be an uncomfortable drive from Falkenberg to Gothenburg. It was still raining and it was not more than 10° C. With the strong wind it felt much colder. We put our warm pullover and jackets on and Jantje sat down on the back seat because it was warmer there than next to the broken window.

Our travel began. Before we even reached the highway E6 we lost the film and the wind was blowing into the car. I wished I had some gloves with me because my hands were nearly frozen off. After 1 hour we reached a suburb of Gothenburg where the car glass repair is. We found the garage after a while. The people there told me that the repair will take about 3 hours because the glass didn't arrive, yet.

Well, we took the chance for some sightseeing and shopping which wasn't really funny due to the heavy rain. 3 hours later we went back to the garage and they needed only some minutes before they finished the repair. They even cleaned the car from the bits of broken glass :D I paid the invoice and we headed off to a nearby campground. We weren't fancy to drive further on.

We found a place which was paved which was great since the greens were all soaked from rain.

Jane38 says:
I remeber that drive,.. :) I was frozen afterwards!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
aloneinthecrowd says:
This story will follow - lol ;)
Posted on: Jan 17, 2010
huibdos says:
I hope you and Jantje didn't fall ill
Posted on: Jan 16, 2010