More rain, more fun ;)

Mellerud Travel Blog

Lake Vänern
When we woke up early in the morning rain was splashing on the roof. That wasn't a good sign. As I looked out of the window the whole place was flooded including our halfway dry place :( My worries about a mud-wrestling grew ;) OK, before we run scared we had a shower and breakfast first. Later was time enough to panic :p

As I already feared the tires sunk into the mud immediately when I started the engine. I didn't make a second try but what to do? Going to the check-in and asking for help was too embarrassing. OK, ladiespower was asked ;) The good thing was, that I parked the car in a 90° angle to the paved path and that it stood in the "right" direction. All what we should do was to push the camper 2 m until the leading tires are on the pavement. The theory sounded good ;) But what to do to avoid that the tires will sink in more? We looked around.
Lake Vänern
TREES!!! Yeah, that's the answer. We broke of some branches of the trees and put them under every tire. Next try - we failed :( More ladiespower was necessary. We looked around again and I spotted 2 men armed with their toiletries on their way to the washing rooms. I asked them for help. They were danish and didn't understand me. Only a bad girl thinks they weren't fancy to help :p

In the meantime a friendly swedish man and a dutch man spotted the incident and offered us their help. Together we should make it. I started the engine and the 2 men and Jantje pushed. The tires slipped despite the branches. I suggested to ask for the tractor again but the men's ambition was too strong ;) More branches were broken (poor trees) to put under the tires. Next try but still nothing.
Lake Vänern
The only result were 2 muddied men :D (I should have taken a picture - lol) In the meantime their wives arrived and suggested the tractor, too. They might have the washing in their minds - lol. A piece of wood would be fine but where to get it? We asked the owner of the campground and he had one. The dutch man entered my car to start the engine and let it roll back and forth and we pushed again. And for some reason the mud gave the tires free :D A hurray for our helpers!!!!! We thanked them from the bottom of our hearts but they were already on their way to the showers. And guess what - our danish "friends" came over to help right in the moment the car was on the pavement again. What an accident ;)

You should have seen how the car looked. It wasn't white anymore - more muddy grey. Close to the sanitaries we found a water hose and cleaned the car as good as we could. Then we headed further north to Mellerud.

I never saw lake Vänern before. It's huge - nearly like the ocean. You can't see the opposite shore. Close to the village of Mellerud we found a campground next to the lake. We made sure that the soil was compact this time ;)

After lunch break the sun came out and we spent an amazing day at the lake. Jantje even took a bath in the Vänern. But it was too cold for my taste.

An exciting day came to an end.

aloneinthecrowd says:
Hehehe, we all were - even the dog :D
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
Jane38 says:
You forgot me. I was muddy too! :)
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012