It's friday and time to be on the way

Papenburg Travel Blog

After 1 week of preparations it was finally friday afternoon and time to start our trip to Sweden. Jantje, my friend's daughter, accompanies me for this 2 week trip to Sweden.

The days before we prepared the camper. Cleaning, checking the function of fridge, heater and cooker, filling up the water tank and replacing the empty gas bottles. We packed our stuff into the car and checked it a last time. We were ready to go.

After lunch I drove over to my friend's house to pick up Jantje. She was very excited. We've been to Norway already the year before but she never was in Sweden and she was curious about it. A 17 year old girl is curious about everything - lol ;)

When I go to Scandinavia it's always the same procedure. I work until 1 p.m. and do the last preparations like filling the fridge and then we'll start on a friday afternoon, take the ferry from Puttgarden (Germany) to Rödby (Denmark) and stay at a rest area about 50 km north of Rödby. After a 5 hours drive and 1 hour ferry we are tired enough for a good sleep. So it was this day, too.

Everything went well until Puttgarden. Just one small traffic jam close to Hamburg but that's what we're used to. Too many cars on too small highways :p We arrived Puttgarden around 9 p.m. and were lucky to embark the ferry about 10 minutes later. The cruise lasts 45 minutes. 30 more minutes on the road and we arrived the rest area. From the bridge you have a nice view on all the motorhomes, caravans and trucks which spend the night here.

After walking the dog we had a drink (alcohol-free for Jantje ;)) and went to bed. The next day would be an exhausting one.
dieforu says:
congratulations on ur featured review!:-)
Posted on: Feb 16, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2010
travelfan1963 says:
Congratulations on your feature--I loved Sweden when I visited in November.
Posted on: Jan 23, 2010