Driving in Circles in Circle City

Indianapolis Travel Blog

My ultimate goal for going to Indianapolis was to visit the Hard Rock Cafe.  I arrived in the city just after eleven o'clock and found the Hard Rock without any problems.  But -- finding a parking space was another story!  All the metered spots were full (I knew I couldn't be that lucky, anyway) and the parking garages were advertising a price of $20 -- well, I wasn't paying that only to run into the Hard Rock Cafe.  I drove further away from the HRC than I anticipated, due to the one-way streets, and went by Lucas Oil Stadium (which I didn't realize would be so close to downtown)... that's when it dawned on me: the Colts' playoff game was that night. And, that's when I realized in my dream world that I would love to have tickets, even though there is no way I could ever afford them!

I ended up leaving Indianapolis without going to the Hard Rock Cafe.  :( But, That's okay -- Indianapolis is close enough, I'll go over there one day and go to the Hard Rock and maybe catch a Pacers game and check out the Chocolate Cafe I saw while driving in circles.
ahtibat17 says:
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
Posted on: Jan 20, 2010
vulindlela says:
Let me know when you return.
I have the HRC parking down good since I often go down there to buy pins for people.
Posted on: Jan 20, 2010