Springfield Travel Blog

I have wanted to go to Ohio for a couple years now, once I realized that it's the closest state I've never been to; nothing more than a road trip to Cincinnati to pretty much just to say I've crossed the state line into Ohio.  I've had the trip planned to hit the highlights of Cinci -- eat some 5-way Chili, go to the zoo to see bearcats (my college mascot was the bearcat and I have no idea what one is -- I'm sure it's not a purple costume named Bogey), and check out the downtown area.  And, I'm going to finish off with dessert at Graeter's ice cream.  I'm also planning on stopping at the Hard Rock Cafes in Indianapolis and Louisville due to my Hard Rock Cafe fanaticism.

This road trip has been postponed SO many times because of one thing or another.  I've been watching the Weather Channel all week, and it's supposed to be decent (for January) weather and  I'm finally going to make this trip happen!  Bright and early in the morning.

It's going to be my first foray into setting out on a trip on my own, but I'm up for the adventure!
photo by: DrewSFO