Bonne année!

Paris Travel Blog

The New Year has started out with a bang, I guess you could say. I woke up this morning and realized that it was an opportunity to start all over. I love the idea of the New Year, when I was a kid, 2010 sounded so far away and I figured we'd have flying cars by now or something. Anyway, 2010 is here now and I’m closer to 50 than 40 and I don't own a flying car, but one that I have looks just as good anyway.

I will admit 2009 wasn't as great a year for me as it could have been. Though I had some successes in ministry and finished up 2009 good in my personal life and got to go to Europe, but 2009 was a rough year professionally and personally. I for one am glad 2010 is here and am ready for a new start. I guess there is nothing special about a new year, it's just like any other day, but a new year does signify for many of us a time of newness.

Though, we don't get do-overs or repeats in life, we are able to have new beginnings or new starts and to move on past the past.  Paris offers me this today.

See, I need to right some wrongs and maybe I need to ask for forgiveness and rebuild some trust. I pray that I will let God guide me and that I see the need to be on the path He has chosen for me. I pray I can be faithful, patient, and optimistic of what God will do for me, through me, and give me in 2010. I want to learn from my mistakes, experiences, and problems in 2009, but I don't want to stay there. I want to make changes, accept what I cannot change, and have wisdom to know the difference.

"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16

Notre Dame, The Louvre, sights in and around the Paris area, and just a few days to sit back in this country of fine wines, scrumptious cuisine, international fashion, world famous art, and so much more for life to appreciate and experience. I hope you can capture a little bit of this with me.

williamsworld says:
Thanks
Posted on: May 31, 2010
nik2blessed says:
well put..im definitely feeling that way too..God says live for today, not to worry about tomorrow. Like you said you can't live for yesterday for it will never return.

MATTHEW 6:34
Posted on: May 28, 2010
The stairs in the Holiday Inn
The stairs in the Holiday Inn
How cool is this
How cool is this
Paris Hotels & Accommodations review
great great
This was a great move for me. Having spent one night in Paris at less than grand hotel, I packed my bags up and stayed here at the Holiday Inn Gare de… read entire review
Paris