Planning

Chicago Travel Blog

So I don't leave for another 5 months but planning for the trip has begun in earnest. I have someone to go with me (my friend Lampert) although I don't know if we will be together for the whole trip since he only wants to go for 2 months and I am hoping for 3 depending on how much money I can save up. I have finished the basic itinerary for the trip and yesterday I bought the backpack I will be taking on the trip with me! I got a job though as of now it doesn't pay very much so I have to wait a few weeks to see how much I'll be making (I may get a raise after working here for a month) so I know how long I can afford to be in Europe at which point I can maybe buy my airfair. And the next stage will be showing my itinerary to my cousins and getting feedback on what I should see, skip and how much time I should spend in each place.

If anyone is reading this do you have any advice on whether I should buy my ticket now or wait until it's a little closer and hopefully find a deal?

This is the initial Itinerary though I am sure this will change within the next 5 months. Everything is listed in terms of the order I plan to travel.

The only places I HAVE to be are pamplona on June 6ish for running of the bulls, buno August 25 for the tomato throwing fight and if I am still in Europe Munich for Oktoberfest on September 18sih. :fingers crossed i'll be able to afford 3 full months of trekking:

LEAVING JUNE 28 ARRIVING IN PARIS JUNE 29
DAYS 79
COUNTRIES 11
CIITIES 32
NIGHT TRAINS: 11

*i left 2-3 free days from running with the bulls until I have to return to spain for the tomato fight in case i want to spend a little more time in a city*

PARIS [6]
ROME [3]
NAPLES [1/2]
POMPEII [1/2]
CROATIA [5]

any feedback, trips, etc. please leave it here!