To seal or not to seal

Girvan Travel Blog

On the news: coldest day this winter in Britain -22.3 C

Friday

Yesterday we have got the address for two new distilleries, one in England and one in Girvan!! That is so near we decide to visit it today.
When we put the adress into TomTom, we expect this distillery to be on the premises of the Grants distillery, and so it is.
The Grants chemical process plant is not to be entered, I knew it was to good to be true. My guess is that they will introduce a new brand to take a part of the market for lowland single malts. (we will visit the st. George's in Norfolk when the weather is better:)

So we enter Girvan for some shopping, but are more a subject for freezing as almost all shops and 'restaurants' are closed.
In the harbour an old friend is waiting for Gradus to come and play, better wait till summer.
We enter at the The fish Inn in the harbour for a coffee. I share my cookie with a little white terrier, and would have gladly given it my coffee too, as it was bad tasting. In earlier visits their beer and whisky were good, but coffee will not be added to that list.

While we are back at our local COOP to buy Haggis for Cees Sips, and our evening meal, we are invited by our friends -the other guests at the park- for dinner. This is an only-YES-answer-situation:)

We have meat pie and broccoli, a very good combination, deliciously cooked by Nora.

Hans and Nora, it was a pleasure having our vacation with you!!

jeanh2 says:
What do you think of haggis ... it's a rare taste isn't it?
Posted on: May 31, 2013
boxby says:
Grants are also making Champagne in Girvan now!! And Hendricks Gin. You missed the distillery at Bladnoch. Just a few miles down the road from Girvan.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2010
huibdos says:
First time visit, I took to 2 little cans of haggis home.
Airport security wanted me to dump them, but I insisted it was a souvenir. I could keep them because it was not a liquid.
And I took the 2 bags of Bombay Mix (Tesco) with me.
If I were a suicide terrorist, I wouldn't have this logon in TB ^>^
Posted on: Jan 12, 2010
On the news: coldest day this wint…
On the news: coldest day this win…
I seal
I seal
Classic shot in Girvan
Classic shot in Girvan
Harbour Girvan (pan view)
Harbour Girvan (pan view)
Flowers in and on the windows
Flowers in and on the windows
Mutton on a bed of herbs
Mutton on a bed of herbs
The grass is always greener...
The grass is always greener...
Girvan