Jingle bells

Newcastle Travel Blog

Jingle all the way:)

The song gives a warm feeling of riding in the snow, in a one-horse-open-sleigh.
With a deadline to catch the boat and lots of snow predicted, it is more a race against time and tide, in the most beautiful scenery that season can bring.

First stop is the KFC in Newcastle where it is more slippery inside than outside.
This is my first time in a KFC, read about it in Deon Meyer's books though. I was not prepared for all that questions asked for all varieties of sauces and finishes. The screen between the cook and me takes a lot of his volume away. I try to hear him by keeping my ear under the screen or in the hole in the glas, it does not work. This combined with his dark Newcastle accent makes him practically not to be understood.

Very light snow
At last he accepts my order so we can have a bite. It is good, but I prefer the MD so I doubt I will ever be here again.

We are early in queue for check-in, that starts at 15:00h. At 16:00h the H.M. Customs start working and we can see the boat.
Inside the Princess of Norway much is the same as on the King of Scandinavia, except for the lounge with a view to the front.
We have a nice meal and go to bed early. The boat rocks us violently in our sleep (strong winds to force 8) but we have soft beds and a good night's sleep.

This morning I am having breakfast, not over doing, and we sit looking out of the window for the sea rolling on.
With a delay of 1.5 h we enter IJmuiden and drive into a world where it is snowing again, luckily not for long.
We come home without delay and in the car we already decide to go back in spring:)

Heavier snow
Heavier snow
Intended was to show the rear scre…
Intended was to show the rear scr…
Virgin snow (well almost)
Virgin snow (well almost)
Waiting for check-in
Waiting for check-in
Waiting for customs (pan view)
Waiting for customs (pan view)
Last wait before embarking Newcast…
Last wait before embarking Newcas…
Still there since october