I Need A Vacation

Mui Ne Travel Blog

As the days go by since leaving Hanoi, I find myself becoming more and more exhausted with traveling. While I took my time with Hanoi to the point that I stayed behind to spend a few more days there alone with Huyen and Nhat, I have done the exact opposite since leaving. I spent seven days in Hanoi and in the five days since, I have been through Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Mui Ne. Every other day, I am back on a bus and back on the tourist circuit. While it maximizes the number of places you can see, it really takes away from each place. You have no time to meet people or when you do, you are off again the next day. In Hanoi, I became a regular at certain places, I made friends, and in general I got to know the people I was staying around. I can't remember anybody's name that I've met since. At this point, I feel like I need a vacation.

While I appreciate the company that my travel companions have provided, I think that our expectations and goals during traveling are very different. After we part ways in Saigon, I think I will go back to my leisurely pace and spend some time lazying about through Cambodia and Laos. Maybe even return to North Vietnam for a while before heading back to the United States. I don't know yet. I am sort of at a loss for what I want to actually do after Saigon. Only time will tell. One step at a time I guess.

Mui Ne