Leaving on a jet airliner straight into cyclone

Hassloch Travel Blog

The weather forecast is terrible!!! Cyclone "Daisy" is ravaging Europe creating snow blizzards and temperatures as low as -20 C. Traffic is collapsing and people are warned not to go outside if they don't really, really have to. On the other hand, here on the croatian coast it's been raining for weeks causing floods and a gloomy mood - we are not used to rainy weather. And I am supposed to travel by plane and train today.

I decided to go with my instinct, it has never failed me before, and not postpone the trip. Dressed up warm, with provisions in my backback and a movie on my laptop I set forth. On a day like this you never know what to expect and where to end up. But it all went great. The plane from Split was delayed an hour, but we landed safe in Stuttgart. I made it to the train station in time, luckily was wise enough to book a ride 2,5 hours later than touchdown. That train was delayed, too, which was a much bigger problem since I had only 8 minutes to catch the connecting train at Mannheim station. I made it in the nick of time. It was of much help that I had purchased the train ticket online at www.bahn.de, saved me time and money. The german railway is a great means of transportation, in my opinion, it's very easy to find the right train and station, there are waymarks and displays all over. It's the well known german accuracy :)

I arrived in Hassloch in the evening, and it's cold and snowy. From my friend's house the view on the snow-covered garden is like a winter fairy-tale - Deutschland, ein Wintermaerchen.

sylviandavid says:
How clever to have the train ticket in advance.... we have never done that...
Posted on: Jul 28, 2010