The Coldest Weekend of the Year

Brooksville Travel Blog

We planned on riding our dirt bikes and camping this weekend. Because of the rain and cold, We decided just to go camping. Friday morning we loaded up the Nissian and hooked up the camper and we were off. We were hoping to beat the rain.....we didn't. About half way up it started to rain on and off. Sometimes heavy other times light. Brooksville is about fourty-five minute drive North of Tampa. When we arrived the rain had let off and we began putting up camp. We set up our canopy, hooked up the water and electric, and unpacked the car and brought everything into the camper.  The high for today is around fifty degrees. The highs for Saturday and Sunday are in the fourty's. The lows for Saturday and Sunday is in the mid twenties. That is extremly cold for Florida. Don't get me wrong I love the cold. For the past week the lows have been in the low thirty's. Usually we will have one or two nights of weather like that, this has been one of the longest strecthes of cold we have had in about fifteen years.

We got our camper set up and the space heaters going. I forgot to tell you that we brought our pet rabbit along. He has been alot of fun. He loves to get under the blanket and snuggle up next to you, that is as along as you keep petting him. He is very sweet and loves to be held. Spoiled rotten!!

bigmac993 says:
Must be cold all over!
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
theonionlady says:
Space heaters? I could do with one of those at the moment! LOL.
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010