NYE in Vegas!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

2010! Woohh!!

Now that the normal work week at Lockheed started again Business as usual, however, this time I am not there to keep you from doing your job! That's why I am writing this blog! I will try to update it as often as possible!

My World Tour started with more adventure that I would thought - and hope for!
After spending my Christmas with Doug's family it was time to start Tamara and my world tour. Our plane left Dallas Fort Worth Airport at 8:30 AM. Destination: Las Vegas International Airport. We left a little bit later then we wanted. This turned out to be a bad decision! After checking in our luggage, we couldn't find our car anymore. When we finally found it, we raced to the car rental center only to discover that we lost our toll ticket. We were very lucky that the lady working there was in a good mood and she let us through! Otherwise, we would have had to face a $500 fine (without tax, she added). We dropped of our car and jumped in the bus to our gate. Of course the bus waited for a nail-biting 5 minutes before it left but all in all: we made it! The only difference between adventure and catastrophe is: Attitude!

We booked a night in the wonderful Treasure Island right on the strip!
For you who ever decide to do this. Be prepared for the following. The idea of a NYE celibrations is getting completely shit-faced and then strolling around the strip yelling random stuff. Yes, that is indeed exactly the same shanagans we pulled when we were 16. This has probably something to do wit the legal drinking age (which for non-Americans is: 21)! You see, we Dutchies have already done all that random drunkeness when we attended high school (at least I did).
All the parties here cost around $200. Since we were and are on a tight budget, we could afford it (we're students after all!). However, we were really lucky, and with that I mean REALLY lucky that two random Mexican girls gave us their tickets for a club. Total value: $300. Not a bad start of 2010, right? Anyway, I am glad we didn't pay that money, because the party had as much Zing as my old Auntie's birthday party! Can you imagine, paying that much money for a party you wouldn't even take your grand parents too?
I'd prefer Amsterdam anytime of the year! But I guess I am spoilt living in the party capital of the world!
Next morning we will leave for the Grand Canyon!

Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Everything you expect from a first class Vegas Hotel! Convieniently located on the strip!
Las Vegas