Identity Crisis in New Zealand!

Wellington Travel Blog

When I was already leaving the States I noticed that my pasport was about to expire in June this year. I knew that to enter a country, it needs to be valid for at least 3 months. This presented me with a challenge. I knew that officially, I couldn't get into Malaysia. It was time to give our friends at the Dutch Ambassay a call. When I explained the situation the lady on the phone told me (quite histarically) "Well, then you won't get into Malaysia!!". I replied in a calm voice: "what if you get me an emergency pasport, that surely should get me into the country?". "Hmm, yes, we could do that!" So I cut my visit to the Te Papa museum short and rushed to the Ambassay to get my pink emergency pasport! As Fred told me, the only difference between adventure and catastrophe is: Attitude!

After Wellington we only had two days to get to Auckland. We decided to visit the Wai-o-Tama Thermal wonderland to gawk at the weird gaysers, steaming colourful lakes and bubbling mud that is so typical for central North Island New Zealand. On our last night we stayed at a campsite in Auckland where we gave all our camping equipment to whomever wanted it and set forth to Malaysia!

photo by: Ils1976