Green Fairy in Cyberjaya

Putrajaya Travel Blog

My Indian Meal - Cheese Naan and Chicken Masala
We had a very good Indian meal for brunch in Cyberjaya. I had chicken masala and 2 orders of cheese naan. I was with a friend who was highly resistant to Indian food but since she had no choice that day, she had to eat Indian. And she was surprised that it was that good, but quite spicy for her taste. After finishing off the meal with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, we headed to Putrajaya, the government city of Malaysia.

Putrajaya is a planned city, located south of Kuala Lumpur, that serves as the federal administrative centre of Malaysia.
Masjid Putra
The seat of government was shifted in 1999 from Kuala Lumpur due to the overcrowding and congestion there. Nevertheless, Kuala Lumpur remains as Malaysia's national capital and also as the commercial and financial centre. Putrajaya was the brainchild of a former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad who was in power then. A visit to Putrajaya is a must if one visits Kuala Lumpur.

I was my forth time to visit this place and I am still loving it. Though I would say, after checking the sights, and that's it. There's really nothing much to do there. By the way, this place is about 30 min taxi ride from KL. I haven't try commuting to go there, I always take taxi if I travel alone. So there, After exploring every building there like the Masjid Putra (the pink mosque), the Parliament House, the convention center and the interesting bridges, we drove back to Cyberjaya to drop the car there and get a cab to 1 Utama Mall.
Batting Cage
Since my friend is new in KL, driving to that mall is not an option for him.

It was Jorge, one of my companions who pushed to look where the hell 1 Utama Mall was. I knew it's not near Cyberjaya and not in downtown KL. He was too insistent that we were really had no choice but to look for it. He just wanted to try the batting cages. It's a batting cage for baseball and softball. One row is for baseball and one row is for softball. Only Jorge and Joy wanted to try it. I was lukewarm on the idea of playing baseball. I reckon the last time I played this game was when I was on first year high school, that was like more than a decade ago. But since they rented one row for non-stop baseball action for 15 minutes, I reluctantly tried it, and after hitting few strikes, I found myself really enjoying it. I was such a pakipot - I don't know the English term for that.
Preparing the Green Fairy

By the way, the batting cages, it's located on the rooftop of the One Utama Shopping Mall (New Wing). After that, we looked for any bargain in the mall, most prices were almost the same as SG rates. So we really didn't do any shopping there. Then we looked for a place to eat dinner. After few discussions, we opted for Friday's. And surprisingly, the waiter that served us was a Filipino. He advised us to go for a combo meal of one dish and a dessert plus 2 side dishes. And he whispered that he would give us free flow of soft drinks. How cool was that! So there, we left the place with stomachs as solid as our foreheads. :p

It was drizzling that time and getting a cab to bring us back to Cyberjaya was quite hard, but somehow we managed to pick a taxi.

Back to my friend's place, we packed our things, tidied up and got ready for some shots of booze.
Unknown to us, my friend brought Absinthe from Manila. It was my first time to try the green fairy. And true to its reputation, it was really a fairy. With 68% alcohol (136 proof), I felt like was in a far away land after 2 shots. It was an experience, the taste of it was not that incredible, what's fascinating was the effect. That drink was crazy!

Anyway, somehow, I managed to get a decent sleep and was in KL on time for our departure back to SG. By the way, my breakfast of pasta in Cyberjaya was by far the worst pasta that I ever tasted. Despite of that pasta, my visit to a friend in Cyberjaya was one pleasant experience.

That's how I spent the first three days of 2010. It was a good start for this year.
My Indian Meal - Cheese Naan and C…
My Indian Meal - Cheese Naan and …
Masjid Putra in Putrajaya