Welcome to the city of Gold:The 21st Century Museum of Contemporary arts

Kanazawa Travel Blog

The 21st Century Museum of Contemporary arts
What is the new strangely shaped building near Kenrokuen? The answer is the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary art. The glassed roundish architecture itself is attractive, but you can enjoy a lot of exciting exhibitions much more than it. This art museum opened in 2004 and has been very popular among citizens and tourists since its opening. It shows plenty of avant-garde art and often offers workshops which anyone can join. It's also a museum which is designed for kids to enjoy art.

I remember that the weather was very bad because of a coming typhoon on the opening day. But my husband took our children there, saying that they would be lucky and enter the new museum easily because many people would hesitate to go there on such a stormy day. He loved avant-garde art and new things, although I sometimes couldn't understand his taste well. Maybe I'm more conservative than him.

Anyway, I think you can enjoy it very much. The exhibitions might take you to an imaginative world, give you a philosophical thinking, or show a different perspective for your life. What will you feel when you look up to the bottom of a swimming pool from a small space under the pool?

Kanazawa has both conservative and progressive aspects. Next time I would like to tell you about Orchestra Ensemble Kanazawa. It has also both sides, I think.
The 21st Century Museum of Contemp…
The 21st Century Museum of Contem…
Kanazawa