Amsterdam - Rabat: from capital to capital

Rabat Travel Blog

Schiphol Airport Amsterdam

Our Morocco trip started at Amsterdam Schiphol airport with a plane of Royal Air Maroc, heading for Casablanca.  Although the plane was a bit old and the seatings were in desperate need for refurn, the flight was smooth and as comfortable as it could with this means of transport. Stewardesses were not omni present and served a small meal with the standard drinks.

We arrived at Casablanca Mohammed Fifth Airport and needed some time to collect the luggage and get through customs. I hate this part of travelling! I've been standing several times near belts fruitlesly waiting for my suitcase to come. I admit that this always was when I flew via London Heathrow. There must be a black hole at Heathrow! However, in the end I always got the suitcase back after a few days. So my advice:

FLY DIRECT, pay some more for a ticket and save travelling time as well as time waiting for your luggage!!!

At Mohammed V a mini bus transported us north along the coast to Rabat, capital of Morocco. Luckily our driver knew the address of our riad, so no searching and asking.

sylviandavid says:
Nice write up.... luggage is always a problem...
Posted on: Jan 12, 2010
Moroccan flags
Moroccan flags
Rabat Hotels & Accommodations review
Hidden gem
While in Morocco avoid the big hotel chains, but go for the original riads. They are most times located in old local houses, which sometimes can be de… read entire review
Rabat