Big Bad BK

Bangkok Travel Blog

touchdown!
Well, we didn't make it to the Batu caves, waking up to torrential rain and a hangover is not conducive to doing ANYTHING. So that's back on the to do list but not written off (we fly out of KL anyway so we'll be back there).

Saturday we flew in Bangkok with again no plans or accommodation. Stayed a few nights at the Sudawasee (sp?) near Khao San Rd and now we are staying in the (less nice but cheaper) Four Sons Inn on Rambuttri Rd. The double room with a/c is costing us 450bt which is about 14 Australian dollars!! So cheap!

Yesterday we tuk tuked to the Chatuchak Market which is a veritable warren of clothing and sundry stores, MASSIVE and hot but great fun! Tonight we might go to China town, Khao San is getting old rapidly but it's a great experience.

Haha! We keep making plans and then getting drunk and being too hungover for the plans to materialize! We have been in Bankok since Saturday but so far have yet to see a single temple and (of course) Chinatown is postponed again. However, yesterday I had my first traditional Thai massage and a foot reflexology which, while not relaxing per say, was very nice. She cracked bones I didn't know I had!! Though it would have been nice to get a deep tissue one I'm a bit too pussy. We'd love to do some lessons on massage in Chiang Mai so I think I'll wait until we get there (hopefully catching the night train tomorrow).

Last night was quite eventful! Maarten and our friends went out partying but I went to bed quite early. I woke up at about 9.30am and.... NO MAARTEN!? I ran to our friend's hostel in case he slept there but no!! We walked all over Khao San (freaking out more than a little) but there was no sign of him. Finally at around midday he showed up at the hotel. He had fallen asleep in a restaurant and they just let him stay there all night! Thankfully no harm was done... except to my sanity!
2win says:
i never got round to seeing the batu caves or chatuchak market so your not doing too bad!
Posted on: Jan 18, 2010
Ape says:
Yay yay yay give it to me :D Sent Maarten some tips via the mail. Have the best time Kat! Mail soon on FB. Kisses!
Posted on: Jan 11, 2010
Hehe
Hehe
Humidity Hair?
Humidity Hair?
Now there is a Khao San Smile ha…
Now there is a "Khao San Smile" h…
find the rice!