Flying Dolphin

Aegina Travel Blog

Pireus metro station
This is not about Christina, who's nick name is Flying dolphin, although i wish she could join us there in Greece trip.
Flying Dolphin is the high speed boat company that took us from Pireus to Aegina. But first we had to wake up. Lili, who had early flight left first the hotel, and flew to middle east, Lebanon. We stayed a bit longer, had breakfast at the Niks Corner again and left Athens as well. We took the metro line 1 (green) to Pireus, close to the station there is the harbour with many ferries going to different greek islands.
We decided to buy high speed boat tickets and got even some discount coz we chose two ways tickets (around 20%).
Rj and Flying Dophin
U can buy ferry tickets everywhere in Pireus, at the metro station, or at the port, they sell 'em litterary at each corner.
After some 40minutes we landed in Aegina town, took the bus to Aghia Marina (if u want to go there by bus, be carefully, coz the last bus in winter leaves around 14.20 from Aegina, which is pretty early). We arrived in the small touristy village, totally empty in winter. It seemed like a ghost town. We had the impression,that we were the only ones in town, no other tourists, just we and very few locals.
We asked for our hotel, wich had view over the sea, in the middle of small village.
Fortunatelly there was one restaurant open, so that we had chance to eat! Thanks for that to guys who is running this place, the food there was very tasty.
Since we had plenty of time, we decided to go to see the only Temple of Aphaia, the godess known only in this island some 2km from our village.
Grzechu and Flying Dophin
The shortcut through the wood was well marked so we didnt get lost. The entrance fee was 3 or 4 euro and the place was almost empty. We took some pics, saw the temple (well, the ruins, but still in a good shape) and started the hike towards Aghia Marina. The town was still empty. Just a crazy taxi driver in his mercedes was driving here and there chasing ppl, but nobody was there to give him a lift. Or it was maybe just the boredom of this guy, who had nothing to do in winterand wasted the gas for usseless driving around the island.
After nice sunset (Lili, your camera would be great to take some good pics there!) we went back to the restaurant and had pizza, coz we wanted try something different from souflaki, kebab or mousaka. The pizza was a little different but it was good.
Lilliana77 says:
OKay Jegzi, next time I'll lend you again my cam! :)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2010
jegs76 says:
Christne, then u should pack already, next trip is this saturday! We meet u in San Diego! :)
Posted on: Jan 14, 2010
flying_dolphin7 says:
hehehe thanks guy do remember me at Aegina ;)
I'll join for next tour okay? keep me posted where ya headed to :) hehe
Posted on: Jan 13, 2010
Aegina donwtown
Aegina 'donwtown'
road to the temple
road to the temple
RJ and the view over bay of Aghia …
RJ and the view over bay of Aghia…
me and the view over bay