Chalkida or Chalkis

Chalkida Travel Blog

Railway station in Chalkida
In the morning we went to the railway station Larissa, close to Metaxurgio metro and got on the local train to Chalkida - which is around 1 hour and something north from Athens by train. We tryed a day before to find a bus going there but we couldnt, there is no info about that niether the guys from the bus company know anything nor on any ifo the net. For some reason that i havent discovered yet, the name of this city appeares sometimes as Chalkis, the same was for other cities. sometimes there are two names - alternative for the same place. Anyway we arrived to the town and ... were a bit dissapointed. it's not bad, but there isnt that much to see, just a avarage interesting old castle close to the station, and the promenada at the bay. Even the church that seems to be 'something' turned out not that nice. It was free day, and it looked like all the families came to that promenade and enjoyed the suny day walking with the kids, sitting in the cafes and having their talkes. So maybe for food or pubs its a nice town, but for longer visit not that cool. Then we went to the station in hope we wont wait long for the train to Athens, and ... we had 3 minutes time! We bought teh tickets and the casher said "RUN GUYS! RUN! The train is due to depart!!!" (or maybe i should say: "the train is about to depart" ?? - who cares). Needless to say we almost missed that train, and RJ was a mit mad at me that we had to run ahhaha.
angel in the Promenade