Boomerangs, Argentinian and mousaka!

Athens Travel Blog

getting the boomerangs
This day in Athens started with good news, when we woke up and went down to the reception the lost bag of RJ was there! The airport sent it to the hotel and finally we could get Christmass presents from kLumpel! He brought for us two authentic  boomerangs from real Australia! cool! Now we have to try them, and check if they can really come back when thrown!
Close to the hotel we found a cafe with good croissants with ham and cheese and good coffe, close to the metro station "Metaxurgio". We had there breakfast and went to sindagma, where the regional buses were supposed to be... but we asked ppl and the guys from the city bus company but they didnt know. so we took pics of the parliament and the guard change in front of the "unknown soldier monument" and went to teh suburbs to get somehow to Sounio.
gueard change

---> here yu should see the entry about the trip to temple of Poseidon in Sounio

After coming back from sounio, it was already dark, we met Josefina -  a TBer from Buenos Aires, had a walk together and dinner in Plaka, every one had something different - Jose had the tasty mousaka, but she didnt finish it (i did, it was very good! hahaha). Then we had a evening walk to Zappeion where they had food and entertainment for young and old. From the park we went to see the Panateikos - the rebuilt ancient stadium, where the first modern olimpic games took place. It was pretty nice lighted!. In front of the stadium there was this Christmas tree that had colors of polish national flag white-red :)
When we walked back, we saw the temple of Zeus, but we couldnt get into that place, because it was closed for night time (all ruins are closed pretty soon in Athens - at 15.00 anyway) so we have to come back here at the day.
Then we went to metro and saw there at the station the ancient ruins, that have been found when digging the tunnels for the metro.
It was pretty cool, to see fem meters under ground old walls and stuff.

RJ82 says:
food on sticks
food on sticks
meat fighting ;)
'meat fighting' ;)
drinking Αλφα / Alfa (beer)
drinking Αλφα / Alfa (beer)
greek food
greek food
Lil and Josefina
Lil and Josefina
underground archeological site
underground archeological site
museum in the metro station
'museum' in the metro station
ruins in the metro
RJ, Jose and Lil in metro
RJ, Jose and Lil in metro
me, Jose and Lil in metro
me, Jose and Lil in metro
RJ, me and Jose in the ruins expos…
RJ, me and Jose in the ruins expo…
Panatheikos