A short walk in Tivoli in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Tivoli in winter time

It was cold in Copenhagen but much better than the day before where heavy rain and wind almost made it unbearable to walk outside. I had two hours earlier gotten a mail from Marie one of my colleagues from when I worked in Belgium asking if I could meet her and her family in Tivoli.

I had looked forward to meet her knowing that she would be in Copenhagen in the weekend. I took my car and parked it at my work which is less than 5 minutes walk from Tivoli. It was great to meet her and her family; they had bought the full Monty bracelets so kids were ready to try everything. I think it is the only thing to do as well. I guess it is only I who never try any of their offers except of their restaurants.

The kids were flying from activity to activity, only taking a break when the needed to refuel on sweets from any of the small vendors we were passing by all the time.

Tivoli in winter time
I stayed with them for a couple of hours and left them when they were meeting there Danish relatives in Restaurant Grøften.

I felt like visiting Wagamama which I quite often do when I end up in Tivoli. Here I ended up with a great meal consisting of seaweed salad and Thai beef salad. It was a great way to end my Tivoli visit. One of the good things about eating there is that I can leave Tivoli almost at the same place I park my car.

After Wagamama I was full but needed to continue out in Copenhagen doing some shopping. My mind kept on calling for my sofa and some football on the TV, but managed to force myself in another direction and back in to the busy life of Copenhagen.

The Tivoli Guard
My Belgian friend Marie and her da…
My Belgian friend Marie and her d…
Shark ride
Shark ride
Copenhagen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A safe pick!
After my walk and a farewell with my Belgian friend and her family in Tivoli Copenhagen I had a sudden urge for oriental food. It might have gotten in… read entire review
Copenhagen