On the road again

Rodby Travel Blog

Driving south towards the ferry

I was on my way back to Brussels to close my office and to pack the last things down. I knew it was going to take some time because I had collected a lot of stuff over the last almost 4 years in Belgium. At the same time I had planned to stay there for a whole week; saying farewell to some of my friends but also celebrating the New Year in Grimbergen.

The weather was quite nice; it was the forth time in tree weeks that I was driving the trip back and forth to Brussels from Copenhagen. I could almost; well I could the route by heart now. From Copenhagen to Rødby (the ferry), then going for Hannover, Dortmund, Venlo, Antwerp and the Brussels.

I knew already that it would take me approximately 9 hours due to the weather. The longest trip had been the on home one week before Christmas where I was driving together with all Pollack’s going back for Christmas in a snowstorm; it took me 16 hours – I had to stop two times tree hours because it was impossible to move. This time the weather looked much better.

I had stated to drive another way than I used to do in the beginning when I was doing the Brussels-Copenhagen trip. Earlier I had never taken the ferry more than once or twice; I always felt it was too slow, but with all the snow the shorter distance had a larger effect and the break on the ferry made me good as well. Driving 1000 kilometre in the snow was rather tiring for the eyes and the concentration.

Driving south towards the ferry
Entering the ferry on a beautiful …
Entering the ferry on a beautiful…
photo by: Chokk