A grey Saturday in October

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Inside the beer specialist Plan B

It was a grey and moody October Saturday in the city center of Copenhagen. I hand not been outside my door yet because there was a fog hanging in the street in front of my window. My friend Jacob I had been out all morning and I had agreed with him that we would go out for a beer. Since I was driving I wanted to find a good place to enjoy the one beer I could drink and still drive. After some thinking I decided that we would head for Plan B in Frederikborggad, which is an excellent place to enjoy a beer if there is space inside.

Plan B is a quite small place with an astonishing amount of different beers. The place opened almost 10 years ago and they have always about 250 different beers in bottles and around 50 on tap. The place reminds me of walking in to a flat that my friends and I had while studying in university. Inside Plan B there are 3 tables in the front room while there in the backroom only are a sofa group and a dining table area.

The serve brunch, lunch and light dinner in the place as well. The hardcore amongst the waiters are really knowledgeable about beer and beer brewing and they are more than willing to share it. When we entered we were really lucky to get a table, but as it was reserved for later we only had it for 35 minutes but it was enough for us to enjoy a beer. Jacob ordered a Belgian Westmalle while I went for a local dark pilsner that tasted really fabulous.

Jacob in his new bike jacket
The menu at Plan B
The Royal Music Conservatory
The Royal Music Conservatory
Copenhagen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
One of the best places to enjoy beer at in Copenhagen
It was a grey and moody Saturday in October with a fog hanging over the center of Copenhagen. I had agreed with my friend Jacob that we would go out f… read entire review
Copenhagen