Walking the streets around my hotel

Stockholm Travel Blog

What I once thought was a single bar turned out to be a chain; I was visiting my second Bishops Arms in Stockholm. The design of this central version was quite similar but it had not the same cosiness as the first one that I visited. It was the traditional British look no doubt but the windows were quite larger which damaged some of the intimacy of the bar.

I entered on a Tuesday around 7 pm and the place was full; the bar was quite long and there were loads of different beers; many of those being Swedish which is quite nice. This time I went for Staropramen Granat; a beer that I like quite a lot.  While I was staying there people just kept on coming so I just had to stay for one more beer just to stay for one more, one more.........

After my bar visit I entered the bar in the lounge of Radisson Blu Royal Viking in the centre of Stockholm, which is named Fisken or The Fish. I have a couple of guesses why but no concrete answers; one of them being that the bar is shaped like a fish, this might be the most possible reason seen with my objective view. Another one could be that they have a large fish oriented menu that they serve but I find this quite long fetched!!

The bar is nice and a typical place where people from the conferences of the hotel end their day. There is quite good action in the bar and the prices don’t differ front others in the city centre. It is easy to get a seat or a place in the bar because most of the visitors tend to seek the soft chairs and sofas as the preferred place to rest their bum after sitting down all day!! In the bar they have an okay selection of beers and alcohol so they can cover most of the wishes; I guess. I didn’t order any food myself but the dishes I saw handed over the counter looked quite attractive and tasty.

After the Fisken I went up to the roof bar of the hotel, it was not that big a place even though it looks huge from down the street. It has the most amounts of lamps in the ceiling that I ever have seen in a small place like this; the lamps were mostly stage lamps and my guess is that they do some fashion show up here. The atmosphere is quite relaxed and situated along the windows and the great view you have loads of gardenlike furniture’s in light bright green and dark leather chairs. The furniture is kind of laid back or loungy and if you manage to get one of those you are in for a stunning Stockholm night view.

The bar is nice with its dark wood and dimmed light; the two waitresses on the day I was there were quiet and not smiling at all, they seemed to be pretty cool and introvert. One thing I did not like was, when one of the waitresses made a G&T and picked up the lemon slices with her fingers without having washed her fingers after having taken money from the guest before. Do I have to remind that you also pay 15€ for the drink! and top of this you have to watch this. I have already seen many good places in Stockholm and this was too posh and overprized compared to many others. Walk up and check it out but spend your money another place.

Stockholm Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Another one!
Stockholm Nightlife & Entertainment review
On top of a Hotel
Not that big a place even though it looks huge from down the street. It has the most amounts of laps in the ceiling that I ever have seen in a small p… read entire review
Stockholm Nightlife & Entertainment review
Shaped like a fish??
The bar in the lounge of Radisson Blu Royal Viking in the centre of Stockholm is named Fisken or The Fish. I have a couple of guesses why but no concr… read entire review
Stockholm