Tivoli and East European pick-pockets

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Outside at Café PUK

It was time again to have my friends Olaf and Ewelina on visit again; they both really love visiting Copenhagen and I always have loads of fun having them here. Their main stay was in Malmö but while they were so close any way they stayed at my place for two days.

The last time they had been here it had been good weather as well but it had been cold and this was a time where we could walk in the streets without thinking about getting a warm cup of coffee to get the warmth back in our bodies all the time.

They arrived early Friday afternoon and took an early day at the office in order to follow them on their walk in Copenhagen.

Outside at Café PUK
We started at my place so they could leave their gear.

We started by walking to the inner city and they kept on taking pictures of the smiling and green city. On the way in I wanted to renew my Tivoli Gold Card; a gold card gives you access to Tivoli with 5 guests all the time and I have found that the fee of 150 euro is quite quickly earned back if you go to the Friday open air concerts and you bring some friends.

While I was in the ticket office 3 guys entered in the crowded place; I noticed them straight away because they were pushing and at least one of them looked like a crook to my best knowledge. I kept on watching them while they acted like the other tourists taking brochures down from the different stands.

There were a lot of people in there and I had 12-15 people in front of me in the number system.

Street art close to Tivoli
I kept on noticing them and at one point they all pushed towards the entrance following a family father having bought some entrance cards. I followed the 3 guys we my eyes only looking at their hands and suddenly I saw that the last of the 3 guys had his hand in the fathers shoulder bag. I got a hold of him and shouting what he was doing and they all 3 looked at me and decided to leave quite fast. I asked the father to check his bag and told him that he had almost been a victim of a pick-pocket. I don’t think he understood me but I was just happy that I had managed to prevent this crime. I hate when pick-pockets destroys peoples holiday, the worst thing was that they got away so they could continue.

We walked around in the city and ended up at PUK which has a nice outdoor service. The place was full but we managed to get a table in front of the bar; next goal was Wagama; which Ewelina loves and Tivoli where we had planned to watch the open air concert with Jamie Cullum. The evening was wonderful and the concert turned out to be a hit.
Chokk says:
I hope for you that you get a chance to come back.
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010
sUrAbUyA says:
I have only been in Copenhagen briefly and so didn't get to see the Tivoli or the Little Mermaid. I hope to someday get back and see both.
Good job btw on the pickpockets!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010
ken2010 says:
I like Tivoli, my first visit was when I was ten years old.. :)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2010
Street art close to Tivoli
The Town Hall Tower seen from Tivo…
The Town Hall Tower seen from Tiv…
Smoking dragon
Smoking dragon
Nims - quite good restaurant
Nims - quite good restaurant
The Golden Tower in Tivoli
The Golden Tower in Tivoli
The Town Hall Tower seen from Tivo…
The Town Hall Tower seen from Tiv…
View in Tivoli
Café Ketchup in Tivoli
Jamie Cullum playing in Tivoli
Jamie Cullum playing in Tivoli
Copenhagen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Really nice in the summer
The restaurant PUK is situated in one of the oldest buildings in Copenhagen; the building is dated back to 1539, where the Danish King Christian the 3… read entire review
Copenhagen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Ketchup, Tivoli
One of the many places in Tivoli, where you can get something to drink, is called Ketchup. Ketchup opened back in 2000 and was based on the principles… read entire review
Copenhagen