TB meet-up in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Sørens Værtshus

I had never been at Gorm’s and I was really looking forward to the visit, not because of the reviews that I had seen on the different web sites but because it would be the first base for a TB-meet-up with a lot of TB’s whom I had not met before. We met up in front of Gorm's at 7:30 pm and we quickly became the announced 11 persons. Due to a mishabs with booking we walked to Gammel Torv - Ny torv, where we followed a Danish tradition of having a beer or cider outside, listening t music or just talking to each other. We walked back to Gorm's where our table got ready after 10 more minutes.

I general I found that Gorm’s restaurant disappointed us, mainly due to the service. First of all, they had made a mix up with our reservation that somehow had disappeared in their inbound mail, so we had to wait 50 minutes to get a table, which I just had mentioned.

Gorm's i Magstrædet
Finally seated I would have expected that they would give us some attention to our needs but we actually had to wait quite a while before our female host had time to take our order. The least she could have done was taking our drinks order while we were looking at the menu.

The food turned out to be quite okay and had I ordered a Thomas Lorentzen gourmet pizza (135 dkr.) I really liked the pizza, which had scallop, quail egg, cherry tomatoes, watercress, pancetta crumble and roasted sunflower kernels and truffle. To accompany my pizza I ordered some blonde Italian Menabrea’s, which I found quite fair in price

De Fire Årstider