Staying the night on Lidingö

Lidingo Travel Blog

Scandic Foresta Views

I had been in Stockholm for a couple of days and I had the possibility to change hotel in order to get a cheaper hotel. I had stayed at the wonderful Berns Hotel that had been the only free room during the only week due to the world championship in icehockey. The hotel I went for was situated a bit outside the center of Stockholm on the island Lidingo.

Lidingo had a special meaning to me, as it was on this island I spent all my summers in my early youth but sadly I had no possibility to examine the island to see the development. I was my first time in the hotel, which in my youth had a spooky sound to it as there many years ago was found a suitcase with chopped up body parts in the water in front of the hotel.

Scandic Foresta Views
As a young kid that was a scary story. It was absolutely not as normal as today with all the freaks searching to make their own front-page stories.

I arrived at the hotel by taxi and boy the guy was talkative. It was an old guy that probably had driven taxi for the past 50 years and amongst the stories that I managed to receive was the story about the woman giving birth in his taxi and the work of cleaning it afterwards and what kind of perfume that would remove the smell. It was strange information to receive.

The hotel is located quite beautifully on the shore next to the water facing Stockholm and all the ferries leaving for Estonia, Finland or Aaland. The hotel had been refurbished and it was quiet bright. The entrance area of the hotel was large and so was the lounge. Behind the counter there was a fresh young guy with a service-minded attitude. He quickly found me in his systems and he started to find me a room.

Coffee and a bun
Coffee and a bun
Gateaux
Gateaux
Nice colors
Nice colors
Lidingo Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice hotel but a too far from the city center
Lidingo Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice calm place in suburbia
I had been waiting for quite some time at the Belarus Embassy in order to pick up my visa and my passport. The weather was really great and I decided … read entire review
Lidingo