Staying in a new part of town

Stockholm Travel Blog

In front of Time hotel

It was time again to test another Stockholm hotel and this week I went for the Best Western Time situated on Vanadis area of the city; Vanadis is an alternative name for Freya, the Nordic goddess of love and beauty. I had not a lot of knowledge of the area and was looking forward to check out the area.

The hotel was situated on a corner and was larger than I had anticipated. The entry of the hotel was on a corner where the taxi had to stop directly on the road. The reception is situated to the right when you enter and next to it a very small bar.

The receptionist was quick and friendly and I was given a room on sixth floor. The elevator bringing one up in the hotel is quite funny because there are two exits of each floor; you have to look if you are in the back or in the front part of the hotel.

The Cyberg high school - not the Cyborg ;D
I had this time a room on the front side facing Vanadis Vägen (road) and it quickly turned out that the room was really nice and bright with large windows and a French balcony.

The furniture was all dark except of the red lounge chair that matched the red bed covered on the two beds. I had been given a double room with two single beds of good IKEA quality, but I would have preferred that they had given me a king size. There was no mini bar in the room but there was a nice sized flat screen with a good range of TV channels. The bathroom was also of a nice size and space is nice I think.

14 days later I stayed at the hotel again and was then given a double room on the 8th floor with a king size bed and that room was even better. The bed was just what needed instead of two beds next to each other.
Wonderful sky over Stockholm
This room was in the back side of the hotel and facing a huge school, which I didn’t hear any noise from though.

The hotel is really nice; things work really well and it is just what you need when you only use for sleeping. There is free WiFi in the rooms and their breakfast area is really nice and a great way to start the day. The breakfast itself is in the high end of the midrange that I have been having in Stockholm the last year.

The area surrounding is mostly a housing area but if you walk down the Vanadis Vägen (road) you have a good selection of restaurants; anyway there are at least 3 that I can recommend. There is a huge park if you walk in the other direction, which can be nice if you arrive there early or have the day in the area.

The only thing to say negative about this place is that it is a bit far from Stockholm city centre, but the taxis arrive here pretty fast and so far it has not been necessary for me to book a taxi in advance getting to work in the morning.

In front of Time hotel
The Cyberg high school - not the C…
The Cyberg high school - not the …
Nice house
Nice house
The Mattheus Church
The Mattheus Church
Under the cover of a full restaura…
Under the cover of a full restaur…
Stockholm Hotels & Accommodations review
A nice hotel just outside Stockholm city centre
Stockholm Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A Spanish corner in Stockholm
I was staying in an area of Stockholm where I had not spent much time before. On my way there in the taxi I was talking to the driver about the area a… read entire review
Stockholm