Staying at Hotel Adlon

Stockholm Travel Blog

Adlon hotel is located quite close to the central station and where the fast train Arlanda - Expressen from the airport stops in Stockholm city center. The hotel is located on a corner and is quite old looking from outside, but when you enter the reception you step in to a very modern lounge area. To the right you have a relax area with nice low chairs and sofas with modern lamps, to the left you find the reception in the back in the room. The walls are nicely covered in wooden panels and next to the reception you have a coffee area and a small fridge with some food and drinks for purchase.

I arrived late in the evening, as I was there around 10 pm, there were not that many in the lounge area. There was a young guy behind the counter and I had to stop his service mindedness, as pretty much knew the most of what he said, but he also quickly found my booking what I appreciated. On the other side of the street there is a Burger King and being tired of a long days work and the trip I decided to look what the neighborhood had to offer.

The room I was given on first floor was quite small and facing the street and also on top of a very lively bar, which meant that it was quite noisy or I should probably say that they were really noisy. I opened the window for a short period because I didn’t believe that this particular room had been in use for some time, so the air was pretty confined. The noise downstairs meant that I closed the window quite fast again.

The room itself had a two single beds placed next to each other, the room was not much broader that the beds so you had around 50 cm to pass the beds that were situated in the middle of the room. You had to pass the beds in order to get to the window and the small desk in front of it. There was a very small flat screen on the wall above the desk and a small chair in the corner.

The bathroom was probably the nicest feature in the room I was given. It had what it needed and it didn’t feel old with the white tiles on the walls and quite new installations. My general comment to the room was that it besides being small, the room was also quite dull, and it was absolutely not I place that made me stay in the room more than I needed.

There is Wi-Fi in the hotel and it worked well. The hotel is near to numerous bars and restaurants, which adds to its quality. If I was to stay there again, I would ask for a room higher up in the building, I have also been recommended that I should have asked for a room towards the back yard as there should be really quiet there.

Stockholm Hotels & Accommodations review
Noisy is you are staying on the lower floors towards the main street
Stockholm