Spending yet a cold evening in Stockholm city center

Stockholm Travel Blog

Inside the restaurant

It was my third evening in Stockholm and it was still cold. I arrived at my hotel just after 6 pm and I didn't feel like walking around the city center to find something to eat. I therefore decided to search the streets around the hotel for a quick meal before heading back to the hotel again. Spending an evening in a room that I already was too familiar with.

I started to walk in the park in front of the hotel and much to my surprise just some 200 meters from the hotel I observed a Lebanese restaurant. The restaurant looked just like a place I was looking for; a cozy place without too many people inside, but just enough to have a good turnover and therefore a menu that could produce a surprise or two.

Inside the restaurant

The first positive thing I noticed on the menu was a Lebanese beer that I never had seen before and one that I needed to try. I was not expecting a huge surprise taste wise but it would be my first Lebanese beer ever and therefore I would be breaking new ground.

The second thing was a part of my main course; here I ordered lamb tongue that was served in a nice vinegar marinade. I really liked the taste and it was to my memory my first tongue of a lamb too. I had also ordered a mixed sea salad that also turned out to be nice; it had squid, shrimps and crab. The dishes they served with thin bread and I just wished that I also had ordered some plane salad, because my meal only needed a bit more color.

The service was quick and friendly but the headwaiter gave an impression of being very stressed even though he had no reason to.

Inside the restaurant
The waitress obviously had her first evening at the job; she seemed eager but she had no clue of what to do. I almost could not help smiling at the situation but the stress of the headwaiter absolutely didn't help on her situation because she was not thought about what to do in the time I was there.

The interior was nice with tables covered in white tablecloths and nicely decorated too. I especially liked the way that they had folded the napkins in the glassed on the table; they looked like candlelights. There were Middle East features like small pots and vases on the walls and the music was from Middle-East as well and it gave a nice atmosphere.

I must say I was quite pleaded because I found a place with nice food and not too many people but it was not a place that had haut cuisine but nice ethnic food.

My Seafood salad
A cafe Latte
A cafe Latte
Stockholm Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice place for a dinner
It was still cold in Stockholm and I didn't feel like walking around the city center to find something to eat. I therefore decided to search the stree… read entire review
Stockholm