Spending the day at the waters of Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Nyhavn

The goal the next morning was to do a canal tour in the harbour area; it was something we had wanted to do the last time they were there but it was just too cold then. We got up to a lazy start in the morning; well while I am an early starter my friends really loves to sleep long, so I left to their bed and went out shopping and brought also fresh bread from the local baker around the corner. We had a good solid Danish breakfast after they had woken up and then we took my car to the area of Nyhavn where I was lucky to find a parking on a day like this.

It is always a good place to take the canal tours from because loads of people are getting off and on there. The weather was magnificent and we were not the only ones having the idea of seeing Copenhagen from the waterfront.

Nyhavn
Nyhavn was crowded like any summer day and the colours on the houses always bring out the smile on my face when the sun is shining. There were thousands of persons sitting on the key and in all the cafés; jazz musicians were playing and people were all enjoying themselves in the sun and the atmosphere that only Nyhavn can have. Nyhavn on a summer day is a must for both visitors and locals.

We manage to get a trip after 30 minutes on the harbour bus that stops 30 different places all over Copenhagen harbour line; we bought a day pass so we could jump off and on as often as we wanted. After having spent most of the day on the water and in the sun Olaf and Ewelina wanted to visit the design centre and BoBi bar before they headed back to Malmö for the rest of their long weekend which we managed.
Posing in Nyhavn
The famous BoBi bar
The famous BoBi bar inside
The famous BoBi bar inside
Copenhagen Nightlife & Entertainment review
The combination of an American bar and the hour long drinking culture of the Danes
Bo-Bi Bar is a very small bar in the centre of Copenhagen. It is a cozy place with a long history and a place where Danish writers, artists are known … read entire review
Copenhagen