Small TB trip to Malmö

Malmo Travel Blog

A cold beer and not even mine

We crossed the bridge and enjoyed the sun which gave us a great view towards the Turning Torso and Malmö. I wanted to show Tim the inner city a place that I had visited many times before. It turned out that Astrid also had been there many times before because she liked to shop candy in Malmö as it was much cheaper than in Copenhagen. We managed to find a parking at Stortorget which is located next to Lilla Torg where I had planned that we should have a drink; well I had to go for coffee as I was driving. The Swedish rules about drinking and driving is a zero tolerance.

We decided to go for the Moosehead on Lilla Torg, that is a great place to hang out on a summer evening. Lille Torg is probably the cosiest place in Malmö and it is my preferred place of the city.

Tim, Astrid and me - TBs in Malmø
Along one of the sides of the square there are a couple of large bars with outdoor service and on warm afternoons and evenings they are complete full.

The prices are quite high for being in Sweden, a beer or a cider cost 69 SEK and a Latte like the one I took will set yup back with 38 SEK, which actually is quite fair compared to the Danish prises that I am used to. The ambiance this evening was great and it did not differ that much from the other evenings that I had been there. The Moosehead is also a restaurant but we were just hanging out in the section of the outdoor service that was the bar area. One thing that is good about this place is that the bat actually is located outside the restaurant on the square, which means that the waiters does serve you quite fast compared with other outdoor bars where they have to fetch all the drinks inside.

We finished the drinks and went for a nice walk in the city center and returned to the car. We decided to drive out to the area around The Turning Torso in order to see a part of the modern Malmö as well. The weather was fabulous and we were lucky to witness a fantastic sundown over Copenhagen before we headed back to Copenhagen and some visits at bars in the city center.

Chokk says:
There will for sure :)
Posted on: Oct 15, 2013
Haydenerg says:
Missing this good time :-), but who knows maybe there will be another TB Meet up
Posted on: Oct 15, 2013
The turning torso
The turning torso
Malmo Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great outdoor cafe
The Moosehead on Lilla Torg in the center of Malmö is a great place to hang out on a summer evening. Lille Torg is probably the cosiest place in Malm… read entire review
Malmo