Sleeping in a submarine-like hotel

Stockholm Travel Blog

Belgobaren

I had stayed in many hotels in this area but it was the first time I visited this hotel. The location is okay until you find out that the hotel is a bunker. It’s located close to the central bus and rail station, almost on the track so to speak. The area has many restaurants but it is a good walk to the best parts of Stockholm.

I looked for a sign or an indication that there actually was a hotel and only a small sign indicated I was on the right track. The hotel is located opposite the World Trade center and the railway tracks. It is actually a side road on the bridge.

The reception area is quite nice with the breakfast area to the right side. The receptionist was not the smiling kind and started by asking me for id, which is very rare in Sweden. I almost laughed out loud, when she said, "welcome, your room is ready. It’s down the stairs to the right! I never liked to stay in hotel rooms without windows and this hotel is a bunker. The room was so-so, I have seen worse. At least things were clean and the bed was good - bathroom as well. Well - and when you turn off the lights - it's so dark, you can't see how dark it is !

Vikram says:
hostel - submarine...sounds interesting!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2014