Kungsholmen - new development area of Stockholm

Stockholm Travel Blog

On the plane to Stockholm

I was back in Stockholm yet again and I was actually staying at hotel where I had been before but never stayed at. The Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen was a typical business hotel and I had been there some months earlier having a meeting with a vendor in the hotel lounge. This time I was called for a conference and when I saw the invitation a bell was ringing in my memory bank.

The hotel is not located in the inner city but it is an area of Stockholm City that is becoming increasingly popular; real estates are shooting up everywhere and restaurants and art galleries are following after, I could understand from talking with my colleagues. I was going there for a conference and followed by a dinner at the hotel.

I flew up to Stockholm in the late morning from Copenhagen and I arrived before lunch at the hotel. I took a chance by checking if my room was ready and much to my surprise there was no excuse they had my room ready, which was really rewarding. I went up to the 8th floor where I had room 828. The hotel was quite new and everything was working perfectly; they had 4 huge elevators in the lobby and there was as more and more common not any mini bar in the room but the there was a small shop downstairs next to the reception.

Stockholm Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice new hotel but strange layout inside
Stockholm